Friday 14 August 2015

BTS in a Flash: Curriculum Must-Haves

Happy Sunday!  It's almost time for many of you out there to go back to your classroom. This always brings mixed emotions for me;  the exciting freshnes and anticipation of a brand new school year, and the sadness that summer is done. The first is always foremost for me, though.   I love going back every SEPTEMBER, so I'm enjoying all these great ideas. Last week's linky featured must-haves for the classroom. I found a bunch of things to put on my own shopping list!
I don't go back to school until SEPTEMBER, but I'm thinking about it early (did I ever stop?) and sharing you these curriculum favourites of mine with you. Visit the linky by clicking HERE.
The first product is one I've created and just recently added to my TpT store. 
I had so much fun making this Scaredy Squirrel Goes Camping pack that I am really looking forward 
to making them for the other books in the series. 
There are 10 literacy activities included. 
The first is my favourite. I used it after reading the book to my class last year and they were very 
enthused. It's an emergency kit craftivity for things you might need on a camping trip. 
Also in the pack are an interview with Scaredy, writing instructions for putting up a tent and making 
S'mores, making lists, a sheet for recording connections after listening to the story, a book recommendation sheet, and writing an opinion piece on camping vs watching TV.  It's available at my TpT store HERE.
If you'd like a preview of this pack I made up a freebie with 3 of the activities in it. Get it You can pick it up HERE.
My second must-have is something I use all the time in my classroom. It is Digit Dual by Miss 
Nelson. 
It is an excellent combination of flashcards and Snap!  As they come in after recess each day my students pair up to practise their Math facts. These cards are by far the most sought after activity during this time.  I printed up 6 sets on different coloured papers and they are always selected first. The partners sit facing each other with the cards face down between them. They take turns flipping the cards and the first to say the correct answer gets the card. 
There are 19 pages with 12 cards on each. 
Last, but not least is a product that's on my Wish List. I can hardly wait until the Teachers Pay Teachers BTS sale starts. My list is pretty crowded but this is at the top. It is from the immensely talented Reagan Tunstall. 
I do Guided Math in my classroom and am always scrambling to put together both a whole class lesson plus small group lessons. In the fall I'll have a conbined class and have been groaning about how much more planning that will entail. But Regan has made this brilliant set of lessons for Math. It includes whole group lessons, small group lessons, detailed instructions, and differentiation for a variety of learners. I read her blog about this product I knew I HAD to have it. 
These are some of the pages from the preview. 
Click to see her post. She has much better pictures and information on it than I can give you. Go to her blog HEREto learn more. 
Get this product HERE

It's almost midnight here on the west coast and that means the TpT sale is officially ON!  I'm heading there to do a little shopping before I go to sleep. I hope you are able to get some of those great items off your wish list and into your classroom too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin