Friday 14 August 2015

BTS Survey and Graphing activity

Even though the end of summer is approaching, I am loving August. The days are more mellow than July, the fresh fruit is in season, the garden is lush with produce, and we travel to Courtenay (one of my favourite spots on earth) on Vancouver Island to visit my mum and dad. 
This is a view of the Comox glacier much like I used to be able to see from our yard every clear day when I grew up. Now trees obscure the view in the summer. AND there is WAY less ice because the glacier has receded so much due to global warming. I heard that it's been predicted that it will completely disappear in around 35 years. 
I am linking up today (a tad tardily) with The Third Grade Zoo where Jessicca is sponsoring a BTS freebie/tips party. Click on her blog title to hop over and get some great ideas.
Last summer I made this BTS Meanwhile, I finished up this project. It's my BTS Survey Questions 
and graphing activity. I think your class will enjoy it as much as mine does. 
My class used it last fall and they begged me for more so I made up a bunch of others that they could use during Math center time throughout the school year. 
This package has four different questions. Here's a sample:
The other questions are How do you get to school, Which season do you like best? And What are the best kind of apples?
After they finish surveying their classmates they make a graph of the results. I wanted to make this so that beginning readers could do it so I included pictures as well as words for them to use on the survey question cards as well as the graphing activity.
Pick it up here for free (at least for a while). 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Debbie!
    Happy B.C. Day to you too! :)
    Thank you so much for mentioning my Linky party! I really appreciate it!
    Best wishes,
    Jessicca
    The Third Grade Zoo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin